Saturday, January 9, 2010

Is Pyloric Stenosis Common Pyloric Stenosis Question... My Sister Is Worried, Please Help!?

Pyloric Stenosis question... My sister is worried, please help!? - is pyloric stenosis common

Well, the eldest son of my sister (Evan) had pyloric stenosis when I 3 weeks. He is now well, of course, had surgery and never had a problem again. Anyway, she just had a baby on the 5th (Brantley) and wondered if anyone knew what are the chances of Brantley and pyloric stenosis. She said she spit more than usual today, and come from the nose. We know it is more common in men born too early and run in the family and such, but only knows no brothers and sisters. Can you help me?

3 comments:

Fred Vanderbom said...

If there is no family history, PS happens about once in every 300-400 boys and four times less often in girls. PS has many causes, not well understood, and a family link is only one of several possible risk factors. I had it and was the eldest son of my parents, but none of their other 4 had it, nor any of my 4 children and 6 grandchildren. But I also know families where many generations and siblings have had it.
Mothers who have had PS have a 20% chance of any of their babies having it, fathers only about 5%.

hbear said...

My son is 3 and he also had this operation. I just had a girl and spits too much, and exhale through the nose. I asked my doctor about the possibilities it also said, and he should not. He only said that the most important sign of projectile vomiting. When I think of this review. The doctor who saw my son's surgery, said she had two children. I want to search only for projectile vomiting. Hope this helps.

IBCLC & Nurse JC said...

Most studies find that it is not possible in May to a hereditary link. Most babies have episodes of vomiting. But if your sister believes that there is more spit than usual until there is a projectile, any animal, or it seems as though he has stopped vomiting when he is down, and you would have him.

Post a Comment