Saturday, January 16, 2010

Foam Block Construction I Have A Block Construction House. Plaster Interior. Walls Are Sweating....alot On The North Side. Why?

I have a block construction house. Plaster interior. Walls are sweating....alot on the north side. Why? - foam block construction

Some notes:
1. I've had recently (Spring), the carpet and installed a new bamboo floor. The subfloor is 3 / 4 plankingwith moisture barrier ... 1 / 2 plywood with tiles em Lick (house built in 1948) and 1 / 8 "Lauan ... 15 # Felt and 5 / 8" bamboo. Do not Thik moisture from the soil.
2. I) also recently (spring of the system was the cold air returns changed. In the past I have cut the yield on the ground. Since I moved back to the air in my convection oven plant in the house via a common inclusion in the central room of the house. My concern is the possible lack of air from the room when it happens. I Dissolved the door to circulate a gap of 1-1/2 inches possible in the closed state, air can be.
3. Also in is to sweat, "the cavity vent is located on the north wall. My plan is to close and insulate the pipe.

Are all of these things or just a couple? I was fascinated by product with expandable foam blown over 5 years. II think the block is well insulated .. Any suggestions on this?

1 comment:

Karla said...

If this has never happened, then it is probably caused by a lack of air circulation. Adding to his house, and I can only guess, but increase the traffic, this could be a return to ventilation of the cavity of the dollar zone to the main house.

Post a Comment